- Event Start6:30am Sunday 18th March 2018
- Event End2:30pm Sunday 18th March 2018
- Event LocationLake Wendouree
- Event OrganiserAlfredton Rotary Club
- [email protected]
Alfredton Rotary Club is running our inargural Fishing Competition on Sunday March 18th from 6.30am to 2.30pm on and around Lake Wendouree.
The event is open to kayak fishing, boat fishing and shore fishing and we have have exclusive use of Lake Wendouree.
It will be a catch and release for trout (they will need to capture a photo and submit it to be eligible)and catch and keep for redfin.
Pre registration entry will be $25 adults ($30 on the day) and $10 Children under 15 ($12 on the day).
So far the prizes we have locked in are:
4.2 metre rudder controlled fishing kayak valued at $1,100.00 from BCF
PFDs valued at over $200 from Action Watersports
PDaiwa fishing reel from Rehfisch valued at over $100.00
Gift vouchers from:
Jono and Johnos
and still more prizes coming in each day.
There will be fun for the whole family around the Lake with fly fishing class and competition, Blue Water fishing display and boats on the lake as well as lucky draws.
BBQ Breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase at registration.
All Credit Card Payments incur a $1.00 Booking Fee (?) and Service Fee (?)
By purchasing this ticket, the ticket holder/s have agreed to the full set of terms and conditions as outlined on the ticketing website. Ticket holders must present their tickets upon entry to the event as an A4 printed ticket (please do not resize the ticket) or on a Smart Phone. Government issued Photo ID and a valid ticket will be required upon entry to validate authenticity as a ticket holder. Refunds will be issued by Local Tickets Pty Ltd if this event is cancelled before the schedule start date and time for any reason including inclement weather, or reasons beyond the event hosts control such as severe weather, flood, fire, explosion, civil disobedience, riot, labour disturbances, failure or delay in transportation, war, sabotage or other acts of God. If the event is rescheduled, Local Tickets Pty Ltd reserves the right to decide whether Ticket Holders will automatically be refunded, or whether tickets will be transferred to another date with a refund option. Local Tickets Pty Ltd reserves the right to deduct administration and merchant fee charges on all refunds from Ticket Holders regardless of the reason for the refund. Ticket Holder details may be used by Local Tickets Pty Ltd and the Event Organiser for marketing purposes. Attendees must comply with all alcohol, smoking and behavioural laws within the event venue and or grounds.
EVENT SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ALFREDTON ROTARY CLUB FISHING COMPETITION
1. The Alfredton Rotary Club Fishing Competition is an open fishing competition for shore fishing, boat fishing, canoe and kayak fishing on and around Lake Wendouree.
2. The Competition will take place on Sunday, 18 March, 2018 between the hours of 6.30am and 2.30pm.
3. All competitors must hold a valid fishing license as per Victorian regulations.
4. The object of the Competition is the Capture, Measure, Photograph and Release of trout (rainbow and brown), and to catch and keep Redfin which need to be caught and removed from the lake.
5. Prizes will be awarded for first and second and third and junior first, second and third. These prizes are for the fish measuring the longest, second longest and third longest in each category.
In the event of a tie (i.e. two or more fish of the same length) a countback will apply. The earliest fish photograph sent to the appropriate phone number will be awarded the prize.
6. Pre-Registration for the competition will be $25 for Adults and $10 for Children under 15 and will close on Friday, 2 March, 2018 and after this time registrations may be made on the day for $30 Adult and $12 Children under 15 at the registration marquee, Durham Point, Lake Wendouree.
Alfredton Rotary Club may collect and hold personal information and photographs for the primary purpose of allowing it to enter into marketing related transactions. The collection, use and disclosure of information are in compliance with the Privacy Act however will not be shared or sold to third parties.
8. Registered anglers will be able to unsubscribe from Alfredton Rotary Club Fishing Competition e-mail updates and event media releases.
9. All registered anglers will receive the following emails or sms:
a. confirmation of registration
b. angler number on the day of the event
9. Competing anglers will commence fishing 6.30am hours on Sunday, 18 March, 2018 and cease fishing at 2.30pm on Sunday, 18 March, 2018.
10. No lines in water prior to 6.30am on Sunday, 18 March, 2018 and all lines out of the water at 2.30pm on Sunday, 18 March, 2018.
11. All fish measured and photographed on the Alfredton Rotary Fishing Competition brag mat must be positioned with the nose of the fish at the “0” marker.
a. The dorsal fin must point towards the top of the brag mat. Any fish photographs submitted with the fish upside down (i.e. the dorsal fin to the bottom of the brag mat) will be excluded.
12. Photographs must be of a live, non-mutilated fish.
13. Once the photograph has been taken the fish must be released as quickly as possible, carefully back into the water.
a. Any fish deemed to be dead or unable to be released by the Alfredton Rotary Club Fishing Competition Committee will be ineligible.
14. Any digital manipulation of photographs is prohibited and will result in instant disqualification of the competing angler.
15. It is the responsibility of the competing angler to ensure photographs are sent to the appropriate phone number correctly.
16. Photographs may ONLY be uploaded via the appropriate phone number. Any photographs received from competing anglers via email or uploaded on Facebook will not be eligible for the photograph and release section of the Competition.
17. In the event of an angler not uploading their fish photograph prior to 2.30pm on Sunday 18 March, 2018 the angler will not be eligible for the photograph and release section of the Competition.
18. Any photographs sent to the Alfredton Rotary Club Fishing Competition can be used for marketing or advertising purposes by Alfredton Rotary Club.
19. All Participants, competitors and observers:
a. acknowledge that fishing and boating are activities which contain elements of risk and danger;
b. acknowledges that the decision to participate in the Competition and the decision to go on the lake is theirs alone;
c. accepts full responsibility for their own safety and the risks and consequences of participating in the event;
d. hold Alfredton Rotary Club blameless and release and discharge Alfredton Rotary Club from any liability; and
f. indemnifies Alfredton Rotary Club for any claims, actions, suits and court proceedings brought against it or any of them arising from the conduct of the event.
20. Junior anglers must be under 15 years of age on the day of the event.
21. Both junior and senior competing anglers may only enter fish caught by themselves.
22. Anglers may fish a maximum of 2 lines in the water at any one time.
23. Netting with a hand-held landing net or lip grips is the only assistance permissible to a competitor (junior or senior) in the capture of a fish.
24. Boats, canoes and kayaks must comply with Waterways safety requirements including the use of a PFD if required(recommended).
25. All fish must be caught on rod, reel or hand line with only one hook or one lure attached to the line.
26. The Committee’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
This event is organised by Alfredton Rotary Club. For more information please contact Alfredton Rotary Club on 0417053319